Tuesday, December 15, 2009

இன்னிசை மட்டும் இல்லையென்றால்.......

I am beginning to learn why more art and literature have born out of grief, bereavement and sorrow than joy and mirth. Another song which swept me off my feet and again it is to do with pathos. For some mad reason, unfathomable even to the best of my rational cognitive abilities, these songs give me an intoxicating effect. I know I am walking through a scary path and I still enjoy the thrill of being absorbed into this vortex. As I dont know the effect of drug, alcohol or smoke's intoxication I imagine it should be somewhere comparable to this(Other more experienced veterans could enlighten me!). The first kick - the thrill of the adventurous journey - the spiral of the vortex - and the want for more and more and more and more!! Although most of the times I am caught unawares, I can tell its coming..Premonition, may be! or Providence!

For a 100 songs which people murmur during their daily chores, less than 10 would be a chirpy song I guess. MSV once said that their is no melody without melancholy. For some reason people like a longing, ஒரு ஏக்கம், sometimes not even knowing what they are longing for, but all the time loving that ஏக்கம். Although I am not a fan of overtly mushy, emotional songs - songs like எவனோ ஒருவன் were written for moments like these - and I am living that moment. In a quaint sense this phase has been a very nourishing, creative phase. And almost every other time, a sense of pathos accompanies that by serendipity or by default. Or maybe by design. When I think of the world's greatest books and literature written from prison cells - alarm bells are ringing for me!!! "எந்தன் சோகம் தீர்வதற்கு இதுபோல் மருந்து பிரிதில்லையே" This intoxxxxicating மருந்து called கலை."கேட்டு கேட்டு நான் கிறங்குகிறேன்"

I am unearthing these songs which I have heard many times before, like a lost treasure and dusting them down to sit and drink them, literally, particularly during a dry, parched season. The same unnoticed words hit me like a spear now, wrenching the deepest emotions out of me. Cinema for all its vulgarities and commerce, can still be a veritable celebration of arts on a grand scale is a soothing fact during these troubled times, in a world driven by self-aggrandizement and avarice.

God has given me many crutches to help this staggering journey of mine here. I am thankful for all of that. "ஆனால் நிச்சயமாவே இன்னிசை மட்டும் இல்லையென்றால் என்றோ என்றோ என்றோ இறந்திருப்பேன்". For a person who was never able to deal with loneliness, one of the reasons I married at 25, I value these crutches greatly. I appreciate their meaning. I revel in their use. Through a medium like this I recommend their use to others. சில நேரங்களில் நானே யாசிக்கிறேன், நானே வாசிக்கிறேன், யாசித்ததை வாசிக்கிறேன், வாசித்ததை யாசிக்கிறேன். சில நேரங்களில் சில மனிதர்கள்ன்னு இதைத் தான் சொல்றாங்க போல.

I am recording these emotions, more like a journal for me. When I come out of this phase and read them, they might sound silly, as it might to present readers, who are not into this inebriation. But atleast they would remind me of a person who would well out with tears at the slightest provocation.

"அந்தக் குழலைப் போல் அழுவதற்கு அத்தனை கண்கள் எனக்கில்லையே"

2 comments:

  1. எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த பாடல்களில் ஒரு முக்கிய இடம் பிடித்த பாடல் இது. பல இடங்களில் கவிஞரின் மொழி ஆளுமையை, கற்பனையை கண்டு வியந்த அனுபவம் உண்டு. "அந்தக் குழலைப் போல் அழுவதற்கு அத்தனை கண்கள் எனக்கில்லையே" போன்ற வரிகள் அந்த பாடலின் தரத்தை உயர்த்துவது.

    வைரமுத்து ஒரு முறை அளித்த பதில் இது. ஒரு பாடல் வரவேற்பைப் பெறுவதற்கும், பெறாமல் போவதற்கும் எது காரணம். அதற்கு அவர் அளித்த பதில் " கவிஞன் ஒரு பாடலை இயற்றும் போது மனதின் பல அடுக்குகளில் பயணிக்கிறான். சோகம், சந்தோஷம், காதல் என்ற பல படிகளில் சஞ்சரித்து வார்த்தைகளை சேகரிக்கிறான். கேட்பவர்கள் கவிஞன் எந்த படியில் இருக்கிறானே அதே படியில் இருந்து கேட்டு உணரும் போது மட்டுமே வரிகள் அவனை சென்றடைகிறது. ஆனால், ரசிகனை அந்த படிக்கு அழைத்துச் செல்லும் கடமை கவிஞனுக்கு உண்டு". இந்த இடத்தில் இதை சொன்னதற்குக் காரணம் வரிகளை ரசித்தல் என்பது உள் உணர்வைப் பொறுத்தது, எந்த உணர்ச்சி மேலோங்குகிறதோ அந்த உணர்ச்சியை பிரதிபலிக்கும் பாடல் தான் அன்று நமக்கு வேதாந்தம்.

    மேலும் சில பரிந்துரைகள் - முதல் முறை கிள்ளிப் பார்த்தேன் - சங்கமம் திரைப்படம், பார்த்தேன் ரசித்தேன் பாடல்கள்.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, Sri thanks for your suggestions of songs. I couldnt agree more with Vairamuthu regarding the artiste and the audience. He is extremely lucky because, he has a readymade audience, while there are so many amateur artistes, who will never have fawning followeres to split each and every phrase, verse, word and idiom and enjoy and appreciate them. Some of their best works end in the dustbin due to frustration. I would be very happy, if sometime during my life, I could be of help to them. On the other hand, Vairamuthu did achieve what he wanted to achieve. He did take me to the exact place from where he wrote the song. That is a successful writer, I guess!

    ReplyDelete